Homestay is the most popular type of accommodation and provides students with the opportunity to practise their English through staying with English speakers who will provide a homely atmosphere and a safe and secure environment.
What is homestay accommodation?
- home away from home
- stay with a local residents
- practise English outside the classroom
- learn about a new culture
- Many of our homestay providers are within easy reach of the school. We do recommend that students buy a local bus pass from the school on arrival in order to make it easier for students to reach other areas of Bournemouth and the surrounding area.
What is provided by the homestay?
- A safe, clean, comfortable and friendly environment for you.
- Breakfast and dinner (Monday –Friday)
- Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner (Saturday and Sunday).
- One load of laundry a week.
- Towels and bed linen.
What types of rooms are available?
- Single rooms
- Twin/double rooms (available on request). Ideal when travelling with a friend, partner or colleague willing to share.
When can I arrive?
- You should arrive on the Saturday or Sunday before your course starts.
- You should depart on the Saturday or Sunday after your course finishes.
- You should inform the school of your date of travel as soon as possible. No later than 2 weeks before your date of travel.
- During the summer term (see school calendar) students must:
- arrive on a Sunday
- depart on a Sunday
What if I have a special diet?
- On the enrolment form inform the school of any dietary requirements you might have. This information is important to help the Accommodation Team select the most appropriate homestay provider.
- An extra fee (£20 per week) will apply.
What if I have an allergy?
- On the enrolment form inform the school of any allergies you might have. This information is important to help the Accommodation Team select the most appropriate homestay provider.
Who may live in the homestay accommodation?
- The homestay provider’s family.
- Maybe other students from Capital School of English (up to 4 adults, or 4 Under 18s).
- Many homestay providers in England have pets. They are often considered part of the family. We can only guarantee a pet free household if a medical certificate detailing the reason why you are unable to be accommodated in a homestay provider with pets is provided to the school in advance.
Can I change my homestay accommodation?
- Only under special circumstances.
- You must give a minimum of one week’s notice to the Accommodation Team.
- A £50 charge will apply in order to find a new Homestay Provider.
How are the homestay providers monitored?
- The Accommodation Team monitor the quality of service provided on a regular basis.
- Learners are encouraged to discuss any accommodation concerns with the homestay provider or Accommodation Team.
How much does the accommodation cost?
- Fees will vary depending on the choice of accommodation and the time of the year.
- If you are planning to stay with your homestay provider over the Christmas and New Year season please note an additional fee will apply.
1 Step 1