Capital School of English offers the opportunity to practise English both inside and outside of the classroom and experience English culture. Our Social Programme ensures there is something for everyone to maximize their overall English experience. Activities range in price from free to £10. Additional trips and excursions can also be booked – so everyone can get involved, make new friends and have an experience to remember!
‘Meet and Greet’ every Monday evening provides a welcome to new students and serves a weekly social platform for all students to converse and enjoy pool, music and live sports!
Regular activities include bowling, laser quest, film nights, games and quiz evenings, art projects, music sessions, beach barbecues, coastal walks, forest cycles and many more
• Take part in a range of sporting activities including football, volleyball, rounders, cricket, rugby, dodgeball, basketball, ultimate frisbee, swimming, tennis, bike rides and more!
• Sporting activities such as horse-riding, golf, climbing, sailing, surfing, paddle-boarding, kayaking and other water sports can be arranged
• A gym and indoor swimming pool are located within 10 minutes walk from the school
How will I know what's happening?
• Weekly Social Programmes, posters and TV’s display information around school
• Regular interaction with Social Organisers ensures that every student is well informed on the bustling social aspect of Capital School of English
• Social Media serves as an off-site information point with regular news, activity, information, updates, pictures, trivia, competitions and more
• Bournemouth has excellent travel links
• Bournemouth Travel Interchange is close to the school with buses, coaches, trains and taxis all in one place for ease of travel
• Bournemouth International Airport is also a gateway to Ireland, Scotland, Spain, France, Poland, Croatia and Germany through low cost airlines.
What does Bournemouth have to offer?
Idyllic location on the south coast with the UNESCO World Heritage Jurassic Coast and the New Forest on the door-step, and London just two hours away!
o A lively, cosmopolitan town with a huge diversity of people
o 11km of award-winning beaches and gardens
o Fantastic restaurants, bars, cinemas, theatres, museums, nightclubs, music venues and shops
o World famous annual Air Festival in August
o Weekly firework display during the summer
Trips and Excursions
• Weekend city trips to London, Oxford and Bath involving a guided tour of key sights and attractions, which can be further explored during free time in the city
• Excursions to Stonehenge, the Jurassic Coast, Corfe Castle, the New Forest, the Isle of Wight, Bristol, Brighton, Cambridge, Salisbury, Winchester and many more can be arranged
• Organised trips to Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Paris and Amsterdam can also be arranged