At Capital School of English, the homestay option is the most popular type of accommodation and provides students with the opportunity to practise their English through staying with English speakers who will provide a homely atmosphere and a safe and secure environment.
What is homestay accommodation?
- home away from home
- stay with a local homestay
- practise English outside the classroom
- learn about a new culture
- Many of our homestay providers are within easy reach of the school within 30 minutes of the school. We do strongly recommend that students buy a local bus pass from the school on arrival in order to make it easier for students to reach other areas of Bournemouth and the nearby attractions.
What is provided by the homestay?
- A safe, clean, comfortable and friendly environment for you.
- Breakfast and dinner (Monday –Friday)
- Breakfast, packed lunch and dinner (Saturday and Sunday).
- One laundry service a week.
- Weekly change of towels and bed linen.
- All homestays have internet/Wi-Fi.
What types of rooms are available?
- Single rooms
- Twin/double/triple rooms (available on request). Ideal when travelling with a partner, friends or colleagues willing to share.
“As a family we have hosted for many years students from all around the world. We love the fact that we are meeting people from different countries and cultures. Thanks to Capital School of English for sending us such wonderful students”
Home Stay Provider
March 8, 2017
When can I arrive?
- You should arrive on a Saturday – Not available in summer term or Sunday before your course starts.
- You should depart on a Saturday – Not available in summer term or Sunday after your course finishes. You should leave no latter than the equivalent day you arrived. Bedrooms must be vacated by 10.30am on departure day.
- You should inform the school of your date of travel as soon as possible.
- During the summer term students must:
- arrive on a Sunday
- depart on a Sunday
What if I have a special diet?
- On the enrolment form you must inform the school of any dietary requirements you might have. This information is important to help the Accommodation Team select the most appropriate homestay provider.
- An extra fee (£20 per week) will apply.
What if I have an allergy?
- On the enrolment form you must inform the school of any allergies you might have. This information is important to help the Accommodation Team select the most appropriate homestay provider.
Who may live in the homestay accommodation?
- The homestay provider’s family. Include friends and paying guests.
- Maybe other students from Capital School of English (up to 4 adults, or 4 Under 18s).
- Many homestay providers in England have pets. They are often considered part of the family. We can only guarantee a pet free household if a medical certificate detailing the reason why you are unable to be accommodated in a homestay provider with pets is provided to the school in advance.
Can I change my homestay accommodation?
- Only under special circumstances. This does not include distance from school and homestays having pets.
- You must give a minimum of one week’s notice to the Accommodation Team.
- £50 or more charge will apply in order to find a new Homestay Provider.
How are the homestay providers monitored?
- The Accommodation Team monitor the quality of service provided on a regular basis.
- Students are encouraged to discuss any accommodation concerns with the homestay provider or Accommodation Team.
How much does the accommodation cost?
- Fees will vary depending on the choice of accommodation and the time of the year. Please be aware there are a limited number of homestay who offer ensuite accommodation or the bed & breakfast service.
- If you are planning to stay with your homestay provider over the Christmas and New Year season please note an additional fee will apply.